I’ve had an idea for a while now about doing a one-off podcast on the theme of ‘endings’. Some of my favourite tracks happen to be the last on the album, but I know I’m never going to get around to recording a podcast or wading through the murky waters of licensing.
So, here’s a plain old text list of my (current!) favourite endings:
- ‘Everyone but me’ – Starflyer 59 (Americana) *
- ‘Walk into the Sea’ – Low (The Great Destroyer)
- ‘Comforting Sounds’ – Mew* (Frengers)
- ‘Burger Queen’ – Placebo (Without you I’m nothing)
- ‘The Party’ – Starflyer 59 (Everybody makes mistakes)
- ‘Sandpit’ – Curve (Doppelganger)
- ‘Reservations’ – Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)
- ‘Mr November’ – The National (Alligator)
- ‘A Wolf at the Door’ – Radiohead (Hail to the thief)
- ‘Life is Sweet’ – Maria McKee (Life is Sweet)
(* This also happens to be my favourite song of all time. I’ll probably look back at this list in a few months time I wonder why I didn’t list x instead of y, but this one always remains at the top for me.)
A few of these tracks happen to be available via iTunes, so I’ve created an iMix of Endings, although the best parts of the songs tend to be after the preview cuts off.
Think of it as a meme if you will, and post your favourite ways of ending an album!
- Posted: 06 Sep 2006
- Comment: via Twitter