v0.9 ‘The Newbury’
- New: All sidebar selections are styled the same
- New: Current entry is highlighted, in a similar style to the default theme, but lighter and more minimal.
- Fixed: Last rounded corner box bit still poking in from last version
- Fixed: Colour for read feeds looks better
- Fixed: Feeds not in tag folders aren’t indented the same as those that are. (added 13/5)
- Fixed: titles showing up under unread counts (added 13/5)
Download gReader.zip, or if you use Stylish with Firefox/Flock, you install directly into Stylish from userstyles.org. There are 2 versions, one for Mozilla browsers and one for WebKit & Opera.
Firefox & Flock
Once you have the Stylish extension installed, you need to install 2 styles. OS X Google Reader and OS X Spinner (they had to be split to avoid the 64k file limit on userstyles). You should be able to update via Stylish > Manage Styles > Find Updates.
If you don’t want to use Stylish, follow the Camino method below.
Add the following @import rule into the top line of your /Library/Application Support/Camino/chrome/userContent.css file, (or create it if it doesn’t exist).
Place the greader.css file in the same chrome folder. The theme will be applied when you restart Camino.
Once Safaristand is installed, place the greader.css file in your user/Library/Safari/Stand/UserStyleSheets folder. Then visit Google Reader, go to SafariStand > Settings > Site Alteration. Add the site, enable Site Alteration and choose the greader file from the list. Make sure the matching pattern is just www.google.com. You may have to empty your cache, restart Safari and refresh before seeing any changes!
In Site Preferences > Page Appearance, choose the greader.css file under ‘Style Sheet’. The change should happen instantly!
Put the greader.css file anywhere you like! Right-click on the Google Reader page, choose "Edit Site Preferences" and select the CSS file through the display tab, under ‘My Style Sheet’. Like Omniweb, the change should apply immediately.
- Posted: 14 May 2007
- Comment: via Twitter