You've got to hide your styles away!
No matter how you try and avoid it, you often get to the point where you need to hide CSS from a particular browser, because of a bug. Its 'not cricket' but they work, and they validate. So rather than being an article as such, what I've done here is gather all the various links for hiding CSS from browsers.
- Opera - Owen Hack
- IE 5 Windows Tantek Celik hack
- Media Type Hack - Hide CSS from all versions of IE up to 6
- IE 5 Mac - commented backslash hack
- IE 5 Mac - alternative hack
- Netscape 4 @import hack
- Star 7 hack - affects Opera 7 amongst others
- Safari - Escape Hack
- Inline high pass filter hack - hides styles from browsers with poor CSS1 support
- CSS Filters - Kevin Smith has put together a huge table of all the hacks, and you can see instantly which browsers it will affect.
Please let me know if you find any more!