Removing MLB from the Apple TV 2 menu
If like me, you have no interest in MLB, will never use it, and would rather you didn’t have it so prominent in your Apple TV menu, this tip is for you.
It’s a bit of a rigmarole, but if you’re really keen to remove it, here are the steps you need to take:
- First of all, if you haven’t already done so, jailbreak your Apple TV with Seas0n Pass
- ssh into the Apple TV (in something like Transmit, Flow, Cyberduck etc.) using
apple-tv.localas the server,
rootas the username, and
alpineas the password. You can of course do it Terminal, using
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org I find the file editing part a right faff personally!
- Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances/Internet.frappliance
- Open info.plist (I used xcode)
- Find ‘FRApplianceCategoryDescriptors’, and delete Item 1, and save.
- On the Apple TV, restart lowtide via Maintenance > Settings (or just pull the plug out and pop it back in again)
…and it’s gone!