You’re reading all articles tagged 'cheese'
What do you buy a cheese lover for Valentines Day?
Of course! Thankyou Leigh, you truly know the way to my heart. By God I love this woman…
Weekend Cheese Entertainment
There is nothing more noble in this life, (NOTHING I tell you) than pursuit of fine cheese. It just so happens that this weekend is the Great British Cheese Festival and it’s practically on my very doorstep in the grounds of the beautiful Blenheim Palace. Over 100 cheese makers will be attending, and I am so going to be there. Wish me luck in my search for Stinking Bishop.
Ilchester sir, its very popular round these parts…
A gaggle of Stinking Bishops
Later on : I have never seen or smelt so many cheeses, made by people who really care about cheesemaking. The roll call of cheeses purchased:
- Stinking Bishop (soft cheese, with rind washed in Perry)
- Oakwood Smoked (Creamy Cheddary, with strong smoked flavour)
- Goats Cheese with Chillies (Mild creamy, then goes very hot)
- St Dunstan (nutty creamy ‘alpine’ cheese), bought in honour of a missing countryman.
- Various cheeses from Ilchester Cheeses, such as smoked applewood, and abbeydale.
Also, we got some rather special Minty Lamb pies from the pie minister. Top notch. All we need now is separate ‘Cheese Fridge’, not least to contain the smell of the Stinking Bishop…
Even later on : The Stinking Bishop all went in one go – absolutely delicious.